Friday 8 January 2016

COLOUR

flower-wallpaper-download
They told me colour was what you saw when you looked at the light
That if you ever saw a rainbow, you’ve seen all the colours insight
I memorized them by crayons to coloured pencils and shades
Until one day I realized that people came in different shades
That love didn’t really have a colour
And neither did pain
That we have no power over how we were made
And we don’t get the opportunity to pick a shade
And as I lay here watching you think
It came to me that colour doesn’t always describe everything
The ones that I love represent something true
Like the blue of the ocean crashing upon your toes
The creamy blue softness of the of the sky
And when I was little I used to stretch out my tongue and try
To taste it even though it was so high
Freshly cut green grass, it’s smell floating through your veins
And not to mention golden sunsets
Dark nights and pouring summer rains
To soft hair and smooth skin
And wide dark eyes
Lips the colour of red roses
And sighs the colour of champagne
Because colours can be addicting
That’s why we most of us spend all our lives
Dying to identify every shade
Because how else  would we describe
Exclusivity and
The world in which we were made

No comments:

Post a Comment